Words and Their Stories: Easy as Falling Off a Log
28 August 2010
Click on the link to listen to the lecture and answer the following questions.
1. If a task is completed without much effort, we say this task is as easy as ______.
B)falling from a tree
D)eating ice cream
2. It only took me one day to learn to ride a bike when I was five. It was simply as easy as shooting fish in a ______.
3. If you win the lottery, the fortune may help you live on ______. However, if you spend the money too quickly, it is also possible that the situation of “________” will happen.
4. If the person who wins the lottery uses up the money too quickly, maybe it is better to _______ this person than to scold him/her.
5. If someone is regarded as an “______”, it means that this person is willing to help others, especially economically.
6. If you want to ______someone away from ______ situations, “Take it easy” is a useful expression.
- east street; Easy come, easy go.
- go easy on
- easy touch
- keep; difficult