Biology May Keep New Fathers Close to Home
Testosterone is the main sex hormone responsible for the changes when a boy develops into a man.
Listen to the vedio and do the exercises below
I. Multiple choice
1. Which of the following regarding the function of testosterone is wrong?
A) Testosterone is a hormone found only on men.
B) Testosterone is found when a little boy is growing into a man.
C) Testosterone makes men have more muscles than women.
D) Women also have a little amount of testosterone in their body.
2. If a man turns into a father, what can be seen physically?
A) His voice becomes softer.
B) He has higher risk for testicular cancer.
C) The testosterone level decreases.
D) He is likely to gain more wrights.
3. What is NOT one of the bad sides of having higher level of testosterone?
A) Having higher risk of getting cancers
B) Being more vulnerable to some diseases
C) Being less active in child care
D) Taking more time to learn child care
II. Choose the best words to fill in the blanks
A few months ago, government researchers released the latest American Time Use Survey. It included the average time per day that Americans spent __(4)__child care__(5)__two thousand six and two thousand ten.
Among adults living with children under age six, women spent one hour and six minutes a day providing physical care. This is care like __(6)__ or feeding a child. Men spent twenty-six minutes.
__(7)__ a new study suggests that men are biologically designed to care for their children. It confirmed that testosterone levels drop after men become fathers.
Testosterone is the main sex hormone responsible for the changes when a boy develops__(8)__ a man. Women also produce testosterone but in much lower amounts.
4. A) providing B) provide C) provided D) provides
5. A) among B) between C) from D) back
6. A) washing B) showering C) bathing D) batheing
7. A) Also B) Additionally C) At last D) Yet
8. A) in B) into C) from D) to